PowerStream Energy Services 2022 Customer Satisfaction Survey Contest RULES & REGULATIONS (“Contest Rules”)
- CONTEST PERIOD: PowerStream Energy Services 2022 Customer Satisfaction Survey Contest (the “Contest”) commences on 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time on August 9, 2022 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time on September 4, 2022 (the “Contest Period”). The Contest is being sponsored by Alectra Energy Services Inc. operating as PowerStream Energy Services(either “PowerStream Energy Services” or the “Sponsor”). The Sponsor is and shall remain solely responsible for the delivery of the Prizes to the winners.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to all active PowerStream Energy Services customers who are over the age of 18 and reside in Ontario (“Customers”). Employees, agents, retirees, dealers and representatives of the Sponsor and its parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates are not eligible to win, nor are the spouse, parents, siblings and children of any such employee, agent, retiree, dealer or representative or any person with whom such employee, agent, retiree, dealer or representative is domiciled.
- PRIZES: There will be 3 random draws (each a “Draw” and collectively the “Draws”) each for a Mastercard Prepaid Gift Card of two hundred and fifty Canadian dollars ($250)(the “Prize”). There is a limit of 1 Prize per Customer. Potential winners will be notified after September 15, 2022 (the “Draw Date”). Confirmation of each Prize will be forwarded to the winner within four (4) to six (6) weeks from the date when the winner’s signed Declaration of Compliance and Release Form is received by PowerStream Energy Services.
The odds of being randomly selected to win a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE: A Customer will be entered automatically into the Contest upon successful completion of the survey. Each Entrant will receive one entry into the Draws upon successful completion.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN (ALTERNATE MEANS OF CONTEST ENTRY): Successful completion of the online survey is not required to enter the Contest. Customers may receive one entry by legibly printing the Customer’s name, street address, city, province, postal code, telephone number and complete email address on a plain piece of paper and mailing it to PowerStream Energy Services: PO Box 95600 RPO Newmarket Ctr, Newmarket, ON L3Y 8J8, Attention: Mariola Mascarin, 2022 PowerStream Energy Services Customer Satisfaction Survey Contest.
Entries must be postmarked no later than September 4, 2022. Limit of one (1) entry per envelope with sufficient postage. There is a limit of one (1) entry per Customer regardless of the method of entering. All mail-in entries will bear the same odds as each successful survey completion made online. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- CONTEST DRAW(S): The random draws will be held by PowerStream Energy Services in Vaughan, Ontario. beginning at 10:00 a.m. (Eastern Daylight Time) on September 15, 2022 from all entries received prior to the close of the Contest Period.
- PRIZE AWARDING: Potential winners will be notified by email within fifteen (15) business days of the Draw Date. PowerStream Energy Services is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner. Each potential winner will be asked to answer a time-limited skill-testing question without assistance or mechanical or electronic aid and, within ten (10) calendar days after correctly answering the skill-testing question, execute and return a standard Declaration of Compliance and Release Form confirming the potential winner’s eligibility and compliance with the Contest Rules, accepting the potential winner’s Prize as awarded, and releasing PowerStream Energy Services and its advertising and promotional agencies and their respective affiliates and respective employees, directors, officers, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from all liability for damages the potential winner may incur as a result of participating in this Contest and/or accepting the Prize before being named a winner.
Failure by a selected Entrant to correctly answer the skill-testing question and return the signed Declaration and Release Form within ten (10) calendar days after correctly answering the skill-testing question will result in another Entrant’s name being selected in his or her place without further notice. Each Prize will be awarded only on verification by PowerStream Energy Services that all Contest Rules have been complied with by the potential winner. Each Prize must be accepted as awarded and no substitution, transfer, conversion or assignment of Prizes will be allowed. Upon determination of a winner, he/she will be contacted by PowerStream Energy Services to make arrangements for the awarding of a Prize.
Failure to comply with the Contest Rules will cause the Prize to be forfeited, in which case, the Prize will be re-awarded at the Sponsor’s discretion.
By entering this Contest, Customers agree to release and forever discharge PowerStream Energy Services and its affiliates, subsidiaries, vendors, advertising and promotional agencies and their respective employees, directors, officers, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from all claims, demands, damages, actions and causes of action, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the Customer or his/her administrators, heirs, successors or assigns might have or could have, by reason of or arising out of the Customer’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or use by the Customer of the Prize.
No communications will be entered into except with selected Entrants at the email address provided to the Sponsor or on the mail-in entries.
- CONTEST GENERAL RULES: By entering the Contest, Customers agree to abide by these Contest Rules and the decisions of PowerStream Energy Services, which are final.
- WINNERS LIST: To obtain a copy of a winner list or a copy of the Contest Rules, email your request to: email@example.com, PowerStream Energy Services 2022 Customer Satisfaction Survey Winners List. Requests must be received no later than thirty (30) calendar days after the Draw Date. To comply with privacy requirements, winners will be identified by first name and first initial of their last name only, with no further identifying information.
- DISQUALIFICATION: Neither the Sponsor or its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, or vendor agents, are responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. This includes any lost, damaged or delayed items via Canada Post. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest or the operation of any vendor hosted website, as determined by PowerStream Energy Services in its sole discretion, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, PowerStream Energy Services reserves the right to terminate the Entrant’s eligibility to participate. In the event any portion of this Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of PowerStream Energy Services or its vendor agents, which in the sole opinion of PowerStream Energy Services, corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper entry into the contest, PowerStream Energy Services reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate the Contest and to award Prize(s) to individuals selected at random from the pool of Entrants received up to the point of termination, subject to compliance by such individuals with all of these Contest Rules and subject to the authority of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario. In no event will more Prizes be awarded than those listed in the Contest Rules.
- TAX INFORMATION: Liability for any applicable taxes imposed by any government, if any, on any Prize won is the sole responsibility of the winner of such Prize.
- APPLICABLE LAWS: This Contest is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, Ontario provincial and municipal laws.
- INFORMATION PROTECTION NOTICE: The Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected entries or unsuccessful efforts to notify the potential winners. By entering this Contest, Customers release and forever discharge the Sponsor and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, vendors, advertising and promotional agencies and their respective employees, directors, officers, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any and all claims, demands, damages, actions and causes of action arising, or to arise, out of the Customer’s participation in the Contest and acceptance and use by the Customer of the Prize; and give permission to the Sponsor at their option, to publish or otherwise use the Customer’s name, address, photograph, voice and comments, without notice or compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Sponsor or their respective advertising agencies.